Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Candy Shop

(Written at 7pm, 3/31/09)
This weekend was fun, and including doing this with Vera.


Yesterday, I had a really big fight/argument with my parents. After the fog cleared, I realized that I had a paper due in which I had to compare two pieces from the MoMa, and it's due Wednesday. So I got my ass up this morning and went. The drive was nice, and thankfully my dad felt obliged to give me $20 for toll and museum admission. When I got into the MoMa ticket line, a woman came up to me and said she had an extra ticket, then asked if I wanted hers. I was like PHEWWW, now I wont be as broke as I could be.
Upon entrance, I was overwhelmed. Ever since taking my first art history class, seeing artwork I recognize is like running into a celebrity! So, here's some of the things I got to see.

Piet Mondrian



Kathe Kollwitz



Diego Rivera



Roy Lichtenstien


(I was so awestricken by this, it's a recreation of Monet's Rouen Cathedral series! And I love my boy Roy!)

Andy Warhol



Mark Rothko



Kiki Smith



Frida Kahlo



Vasily Kandinsky



Georgio de Chirlco


(I didn't know who this was initially, but I love this nonetheless.)

Rene Magritte



And as I left, the light coming through the sky-window in the MoMa was awesommmme.



My next adventure was in Berkeley for my tattoo appointment. Or actually, Oakland, but Berkeley is like 2 blocks down the street. My artist Ellie at FTW gave me a tough/long coloring session. Now that I'm home I can finally relax. My body's been stressed since 10am. Here's the results.



EDIT: At the current time, 9:09am, 4/1/09.
I'm now up pretty damn early since my class is at 12:30. I have to now use the things I saw at the MoMa to write a comparative essay. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment