Saturday, April 18, 2009

Barftastic

Yesterday, I woke up with the most fantastic hangover. And better yet, I awoke at 6:30am after arriving home at around 3am. My morning duty was to take my darling kitty/child Rogue to the spay clinic. I semi-wrote directions on a small piece of paper, and headed towards Martinez on a nearly empty tank. No traffic, that was nice. After making one wrong turn, I was in tears calling my mom for some trusty Googlemap help, and with only 10 minutes to spare before the appointment. Rogue was being very calm during my panic, which was even more nice. I finally got to the clinic, waited for my number to be called, then dropped off my now hair-on-end child to her caretaker for the day. After this relief came more panic-- my car barely started, so I tried to remain calm as I searched for a gas station. A Shell station seemed to emerge out of thin air. I handed the woman a $5 and I felt my head surge with pain again, I dared not take off my sunglasses to make eye contact with her. After the five was quickly consumed, I got into my car. As I reached to close my door, I felt my mouth water. I closed my door. I felt it in my throat, I opened my door. It tasted oddly like bananas. I looked at it for a moment, considered my options, and decided to get the hell home before it happened again. I was so tired.

I picked up Rogue around 3pm. She was so drugged up I couldn't help but laugh, then feel guilty about it. Ever since, she's been extremely loving and follows me (or anyone else in my house) around. Last night, she fell asleep next to me while I was Mah-jong-ing and watching For The Love of Ray J for the millionth time.



I was cracking up, because her eyes weren't even closed, and she just started falling over backward slowly but surely.

A litte later than that, as I was falling asleep, I realized she already had done so in my armpit.



As cute as it was, I couldn't move. So I had to make her move.

Today I woke up and ate breakfast with my parents for the first time in months... I'm never awake when they eat. After I got ready, I tidied up my resume and headed over to the Concord Pavilion job fair. After nearly no effort, I was hired as an Event Staff member. It's a seasonal job from May to October. I may or may not even take the job... I've been planning to do a summer Texas trip with my boyfriend for a while now. Honestly I'd rather go out of state for an adventure.

There's still so many things I need to do and complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment